Sunday, Dec. 14
"Today is a special day, a special day it's true.
Today is the special day
"Today is a special day, a special day it's true.
Today is the special day
that you became you!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday to you!"
-Thanks Rachel from Signing Time
I found it ironic that as I turned on the DVD player in the car last night this song played. We have several Signing Time episodes recorded for longer car rides (originally for our trip to Disney back in March) and I had forgotten that just this week he got back into his sign language mode. Tossing signs at me as he also verbally talked up a storm. Why he opened up the Signing Time file folder in his brain recently I just do not know! Whatever... that show was a godsend! He absolutely loved it at 1 yr of age and still does. The words just say it all in regards to how I was feeling with his bday approaching!
Back to the story line...it was ironic because we were off to have dinner with Charito's family (Lula/MamaC, Lula Mel/Tita Mel and Lulo/PapaC) for T's bday. They were unable to make it tonight so we just moved up their celebration a day.
We went to Via Veneto. Wonderful food and atmosphere.
It just saddened me that Charito's dad (PapaC) was unable to come with us. He fell ill right before dinner. But we made up for it by going back to their house for presents and cake. Because Papac could not go out and about to shop for a bday present for T (health issues) he asked me to purchase something for him. We went online and chose the gift he wanted to purchase. I would just be the pickup/delivery person. I wrapped it at home and brought it to their house.
"I love octopus!", he stated as he shoved another piece of calamari in his mouth!
He transformed his lemons into 2 pirate ships that were swimming next to the octopus.
The Lulas
Cake time! Mmmm...from Lutz
2 frosting moustaches for 2 bros!
Lulo (PapaC) and T
Lego Circus
Once we finally wrapped things up and headed home again we listened to Rachel, Alex and Leah sing more tunes from Signing Time. I love hearing T sing! But the presents didn't end there (to our surprise). Earlier that day daddy had gone shopping solo to pick up "a few things". As we unwound before bedtime I heard T yell from the basement (he was cooking in his kitchen, putting cookies in the oven for Christmas morning), " I love Buzzlightyear!" Immediately followed was this statement from Charito, "Hey, hey, hey. No! Get out of there! Oh, man!" I headed to the top of the stairs with G and realized that daddy had not hidden his purchases and one was discovered! Charito just told him, "Happy Birthday from Grayson." I then pretended to hear any of this and asked T what he had. He told me with a great big smile on his face that he had a "new Buzzlightyear." This was his first and it follows weeks of a Toy Story kick during Friday Movie Nights. It was just precious seeing that smile on his face. I asked him who got it for him and he told me baby Grayson. I asked him,"What do you say to him?" His response, "Thank you, Grayson!" and leaned over to kiss G on the nose. My heart melted even more! So sweet! Needless to say Buzz was the fav of the day and he even slept with him! Here they are hugging:
Tomorrow is his actual bday and celebration #2 with my family and some friends. I will write about that one, too!




No comments:
Post a Comment