Saturday, December 13, 2008

Back on Track (train tracks, that is)

Well, guess who is feeling better?! The big T. I thought for sure when he woke up Friday morning we may have a rough first half of the day. But low and behold I walked in on this after feeding G:
He managed to complete each and every puzzle he owned. Obvious to me his brainpower was no longer in idle. It still amazes me to this day that he completes 50 piece puzzles and has been for over half a year! Intense visual memory! Thanks for the start of the puzzle marathon Grandma and Bonka...kudos to Medieval dragons and Winnie the Pooh!

Look who else was in a good mood that day!




Rub my Buddha belly for good luck and I will smile and talk to you!

Hold on tight to that monkey!
The only sad face of the day was when I placed G in the Bumbo seat and a specific big bro wasn't too interested in sharing at that particular moment! As mean as it may sound, I was actually glad to see some jealousy from T. He remembers that Bumbo is his and kept asking, " Grayson done yet, Mom? Is it Triston's turn forever still?" It was the first time he took ownership over a "past" item. I just praised him for his patience and showed him how G was smiling and happy that he had a big bro that shares. I was careful w/ my words, knowing even though this was the first time he protested it would not be the last.
I then assured him he would have a turn after G. Yes, Mr. Petite still fits in it!
While taking his turn he proclaimed,
"See Grayson. This is how you do it. Sit up tall like mommy said."
Then he headed straight back to his Geotrax train set (still adores after a whole year! I cannot complain). The long awaited visit back to the Bumbo chair was shortlived.
After all that T helped me wrap Christmas gifts in preparation for my Mom's side of the family annual Hat party on Saturday. As like any other child (including my brothers and I when we conducted sword fights at a young age) Triston got creative with the wrapping paper roll. His choice of creativity? Not swords but telescopes. Here he is playing pirates with Bryley TRYING TO MAKE her see "the other side of the ocean to get to the treasure, the island of Jewels":
Aahh, what a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment