Sunday, November 9, 2008
Time? Anybody got the time?
What day is today? What is the date on the calendar? What time is it? No, really what time is it? 8:30 pm?! NO WAY! LOOK AGAIN! ARE YOU SURE! Well! Triston is asleep! He has not been asleep before 9pm since Grayson came home. Wait...he has not fallen asleep before 10pm since G came home. Erase that...he has not fallen asleep before 10:30pm since G came home! This has been our "bringing new baby home" issue. I guess I shouldnt complain if this is the onlybig one we have had to deal with but let me tell you the bedtime battles have been exhausting. The kid lies there and yawns and wipes his eyes for up to 2 hours but cannot shutdown. He either has a story to tell, song to sing or is in and out of his room over and over again! Charito and I get so frustrated and battles ensue! So , yes tonight has been a glorious night. What was my trick? Nothing. A meltdown over NOT jumping off the table led to a bath which then led to cuddle time in our bed. Within minutes he fell asleep. Those baggy eyes took over. He just crashed. Just like I am gonna do in about 20 minutes after I feed G. Mommy's turn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I had the same issue with Jack, which also led to him getting up a lot in the night. We realized that Jack didn't want to miss out on anything and figured since the baby was up, why can't he be up too? And then because she was in our room he just had to be in our room at night too.
ReplyDeleteIt does pass! But, really it's JUST getting back to normal 4 months later! Good luck! =)