We all know that babies love to be swaddled. For me it is the fool proof way to "trick" my babies into thinking they are being held! When Triston was born and I swaddled him he looked like an eggroll. I called him "my lil' eggroll". Now that Grayson is the one to be swaddled he reminds me of sushi (not quite sure if that has anything to do with my intense cravings for sushi during this pregnancy in particular-hence the Sushi and Son parties). So now I call Grayson "my lil' sushi".

Grayson aka Sushi
Grayson aka Sushi
More thinking....each morning I wake up and greet my boys. MY BOYS... I love saying that! They are so amazing with their own phases/stages and unique personalities. And each morning I observe how much Grayson changes with the sun's new rays. I can't help but think back to how Triston looked at this age, currently 1 month. Triston looked like an old man with big bags under his eyes and a hairline that reached far back like a balding man. The picture perfect Mr. Magoo (see below for a visual of the cartoon character). I used to watch this cartoon with my dad. Funny one!

Triston aka Mr.MagooLook at the lil old man behind those eyes!
Now you do the compare and contrast...

T
GBoth boys totally looked like Charito when they were born and shortly thereafter. The slight Filipino nose, dark skin and asian-like eyes. Then they transform right before you. Thinned out faces, widened eyes, lighter skin and wallah-a hint of mommy appears, finally my mouth and chin and narrowed face. But it may not last too long, I mean look at T, he is all daddy these days. That round face and eyebrows that will need to be waxed before he's 4 yrs old! AC please help us (AC is my Aunt Candy who has been my hairdresser since I was little and is now in charge of all 3 of my boys. She is also our adopted grandma who has become the lollipop/sucker queen!). Regardless, they are damn cute and handsome and all mine. I am proud to say I have 2 mama's boys and I hope it stays that way for a long time. I don't know how I would handle not feeling needed...




No comments:
Post a Comment