Saturday, November 22, 2008

Excitement abrewin'!

I am so excited for the holidays this year! Even better-so is Triston! Thursday night we began the decor of Xmas. This was upon Triston's polite request. The kid has been having bedtime issues resulting in 11pm or midnite "crashes". I figure as long as we had a late night on our hands we might as well make it a TV -free night. He was really good about waiting til I got stuff out of the closet. He knew exactly where to find eveything, stating "I know! It's by the Halloween things." I decided since he was so helpful with the setting up and tear down of Halloween he was ready for this, even for the village which we have not had out since the first year we moved into the house.
I put him in charge of bringing items upstairs as I unloaded out them out of the basement closet. He made a "nice" pile in the living room...

Okay-I started this post last week and forgot everything I wanted to say due to a long weekend of junk and now I have the flu. So, here is the jest. I am excited, he is excited, we are all excited! Tree is up and has its ribbons and beads on it. We are waiting for the ornaments for when daddy is up for the fun. The general house decor is done. The snowman outside on the porch is waiting for more snow. This weekend daddy and I will tackle outside lights. Last on the list is getting Grayson his stocking. Looking for one with the letter G embroidered on it similar to T's. Feels good to have it done and something more exciting to look forward to. It was the only thing I could do to get my mind off the idea that my parents will not be with us on Thansgiving. We also do not know when they are coming home for xmas. End of Dec. ? Beginning of Jan.? I just can't believe how much I have missed them as of late. Dad's bday came and went, Triston keeps making leaf bouquets for Grandma and Grayson changes so much week by week. It hurts that they are missing all of this. As much as I understand things needed to play out the way they did I wish things would just go back to the way they were. I really miss it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment