I have been trying my best to get Triston out and about while I am home. He also deserves the opportunity to make friends and interact with kids other than his best buddy and cousin Ayden. At this age I feel responsible to spread his horizons for him. Besides we are watching our budget and classes are not something I am considering for the winter season. Maybe in the spring. So, what better than to join other moms that are also on maternity leave. Last week we visited my friend Becky. She is a fellow special education teacher from school. She has two kiddos-Jack, 6 mos younger than T, and Alice (Allie), 4 mos older than G.
Look at Alice's beautiful eyes!
It is scary how much Jack and T have in common, from general interests to vocabulary and the ability to hold mature conversations (for 2.5+ yr olds)! They had Becky and I laughing!
We continued to laugh even when they battled over some play issue. It was cute to hear them accuse each other and then eventually come to some solution.We will definitely be joining them for more. And by the way, I have every intention of hooking up Allie and Grayson for a date when they get older. I would love to add a good Irish family to the mix. And while G sneaks Allie away on dates Becky and I will send T and Jack out to spy on them!
But wait there is more! This week we visited Katie ( Auntie KT) and her new daughter Adeline (Addie), almost 3 mos old. This was quite a moment for me because it feels like yesterday that I stood up at the head table and delivered my matron of honor speech at KT's wedding, declaring my enthusiasm for the day she had children of her own. Triston was excited, too, because it had been a long time since he had seen his godmom/ninang. So we packed up and drove to Plainfield. Well worth it! Addie is gorgeous!
One day there will be an abundance of curly hair like her mommy so I can put some pigtails atop that head of hers!

2 sleeping angels (for the moment)
Auntie KT bought G this outfit. We showed it off on our visit. It says, "Property of MOM forever." So true considering I have 2 Mama's Boys. Sorry, daddy! Maybe that lil girl of ours down the line will be all daddy territory?!
It was so nice to catch up on old times. Ya know when you have that friend that no matter how long it has been since you have seen each other you are always able to pick up right where you left off? Like no time has passed? That is KT. It was relaxing to sit back, drink coffee (which I cannot get enuf of lately) and just vent about momhood, hubbies (i love you, honey), and the silly/annoying/frustrating things kids do. I needed it. Thank you KT, I love you and miss you more than you know.




No comments:
Post a Comment