Monday, November 17, 2008

A "GRAND" time

This weekend we took Grayson on his first road trip! We went to visit Charito's cousin Jenny, her husband Tim, and their 3 boys Devin, Drake and Payton in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Charito and Jenny have been like brother and sister since childhood. And well Timmy and I are like brother and sister -at least that is what people think when they see us together..now keep in mind that most often this idea is derived from the fact that Tim and I are the only transparently white folk in the crowd of Filipino cousins when we hit up a bar ( the old days) or restaurant (the now days). Can't you see the resemblance?
Charito and I become Payton's godparents over 8 years ago. Yes, Charito and I have been together that long, even longer. Try 14 + yrs. Believe me, I am thankful everyday for finding the love of my life! Back to the storyline-I met Jenny shortly after Devin was born. We all hit it off so well that I was more than elated when they asked us years later to be Payton's Ninang and Ninong. I remember my response to this day, "But we aren't even married!" Jenny's response, "There is no doubt in our minds that you are going anywhere. We just know it. " Then...I cried!Here is "our first baby boy" with our first baby boy:
In case any of you are wondering what is w/ T and that silly smile. That IS his "cheese" face which originated from SNUFFIES. SNUFFIES was this silly face/nose breathing sound that T would do when he got excited and laughed. From the time he was 6 mos old all we had to say was "snuffies"and he would breathe thru his nose and smile. It was hilarious. This has stuck and my mom tells us to get him a new smile! You can't even see his eyes!
It is just amazing to watch all of these boys grow up together. The next Filipino generation!
So we arrived at their house around midnite Friday/Saturday nite. Just in time to see Jenny off before she left for work at 2am. She is a television news reporter and anchor for channel WZZM13. Tim was already at work. He works at the JW Marriot hotel downtown Gr Rapids. If I told you what he does for a living I would have to kill you!
The boys and myself finally headed to bed at 2:30 and Triston FINALLY fell asleep at 4 am. See what I get for the luxury of a quiet ride with 2 boys fast asleep the entire ride! My wonderful husband let me sleep in the rest of the morning. I got up at 11am. T was up at 9am and G slept right along side me til 11. I have not slept in in soooooooooo long!

Our plan was to eat lunch and head to the hotel for swimming and relaxation. Jenny even packed us hotel goodie bags!
Mommy n Daddy's goodies -food, food, food and magazines.

T's goodie bag-stickers, Thomas book, magazines, snacks and so much more.

G's goodie

My Timmy hooked us up with a room and a grand tour. It was a wonderful room with wonderful perks! We had great food, wine and desserts all nite. It was the perfect spoiled evening for me. I was able to enjoy adult-like things right alongside my kids. All the kids swam and used up their energy. T loves the water so he was ecstatic. I was ecstatic when he passed out at 930pm IL time.
That hotel bed was THE most comfy I have ever slept in! Charito and T slept in one bed and G and myself slept in the other. There was so much room. You gotta realize...on a tough nite there are 5 of us in our king bed at home. Yes, Bryley too.

We woke up to SNOW! Too wierd when signs of Fall could still be seen. That is Michigan for ya.


Overall this weekend was a great little getaway. A chance to see family we miss so much, time for T to spend time with his cousins and begin those playful memories I can still remember when I was his age, and the opportunity for Jenny and Tim to meet their godson before his baptism in January. So sorry it was not a goddaughter you two! Blame those male genes!


Can you tell Tim really didn' t want to put Grayson down!? Are you sure you do not want another kid Timmy? Maybe it WILL be a girl this time!
It really warmed me up inside to watch them hold Grayson and just beam the way Charito and I did when Payton was a baby. We still beam whenever we hear about the many amazing things that now big boy accomplishes each school year. It makes us feel so proud to be his godparents. Devin and Drake are not even our godkids but they make us feel just as proud to know they are so successful in everything they do. Charito and I may be the godparents of several absolutely incredible and precious kids-Payton, Kailyn, Joey and Libby BUT you never forget your first godchild moments/experience. It set the tone for every other proud opportunity we embraced with each godchild. We love each and every one of them in their own special and unique way!

Grayson was obsessed with this painting! Miles Davis?! Every chance he got he stared at it! I will ask him why in 2 years!

So to wrap this up, especially since Grayson is finally done farting his ass off til the wee hours of the nite and I can go to bed, we had a "GRAND" weekend. Thank you Jenny and Tim and we cannot wait to see you in December! As Triston said, " I love downtown" and I guarantee you he will remember his nite at the "JW spells hotel".

No comments:

Post a Comment