Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our first Double the Trouble..or should I say Double the Tired?!


Our first Halloween with 2 kiddos! Was I exhausted! Why? Because everyone and their mother had to see both in their costumes! I do not blame them though...they were unforgettable. It was alot of work getting 2 kids ready. Still working on this skill. We haven't quite mastered the whole getting out the door before 9 am thing! But overall it was a great day. Charito took the day off and we finally made it to the "animal jungle" aka Field Museum. Triston has been wanting to go with daddy since the summer and I finally got a pass from the public library. Sorry but I refuse to pay $27.95 per adult to attend what I consider a pretty boring place. So Grayson and I followed as Triston practically gave daddy the tour. It just amazes me what this kid can remember! It was true male bonding-animals and dinos galore!
Even better-It was the first year Triston truly embraced every minute detail of excitement that Halloween possesses. He really thought he was something in his pirate costume. He kept telling me that each house was a treasure hunt. And of course the icing on the cake was being able to share the day with his favorite play buddy Ayden. When these two cousins are together-WATCH OUT! It is quite the comedy show! As for Grayson-he just went with the flow. So glad I didn't spend money on some costume that would be huge on our lil seven pounder. He received 3 different halloween outifts for birth congrats anyway so that worked out well. Mommy just had to make sure he made it into each throughout the day so I could send pics to the costume-givers. Overall, it was fun day for the whole family. We all passed out by 11pm. Not bad for beginning our day at 8am and not getting home til 9:30pm! Til next year...


No comments:

Post a Comment