It is hard NOT to compare Triston and Grayson to each other, especially at this age when I have to think really hard to remember this stage of development in Triston. Triston just turned 3 yrs old weeks ago and Grayson will be 3 mos old tomorrow. I thought Triston was advanced at this age...wow has Grayson thrown me for a loop! Amazing! This kid's head control is brilliant! He sat in his high chair for the first time last weekend. It is as if his trunk control can't keep up. Triston wasn't in the high chair til 5-6 mos. Now, part of that is that whole "first time mama don't want to do it all wrong, gotta do it by the book, or talk to doctor first" bit. Heck, I know better nowadays! I see what G is ready for and I go for it!
For example, I am picking up Rice Cereal in the morning for Grayson. He is so ready! And I notice he is hungrier later in the day and I am NOT going to bump it up from 5 to 6 oz bottles. The doc gave me a funky look when I told him in Dec. that he was pounding 5 ouncers! Triston wasn't drinking 5 oz botles til 5 mos old and cereal at close to 5 mos and fruits n veggies at 6 mos (again that first time mommy fear, even though I thought he was ready I was afraid to start them til I had his 6 mos apmt).
And don't even get me started on his alertness, happiness and overall personality (considering the drama we went through with his mild milk allergy). But the one aspect I cannot help but laugh at each day when I dress Grayson is his size! Now I know he is a peanut in most people's eyes but not to me (or at least not until I see him next to another baby!) He is a beast (auntie KT's word) in comparison to Triston (and yes I know T ain't no giant nowadays. He is a shorty but FINALLY reached 50% for height n weight at his 3 yr dr aptmt a few wks ago). G is already wearing 3-6 mos clothes. Now doing the math that logically makes sense but not when I look back on Triston at 3 mos of age. There are so many 3-6 mos clothes that he couldn't wear bc by the time they fit him at 5 mos of age the mostly winter-ish designs or fabrics were not going to work in May! To be exact, come May and June (when he was 5 and 6 mos of age) T was wearing 3-6 mos short sleeved/shorts outfits (I remember it fondly bc that was our first trip to California for the Eileen Keller Memorial Golf Outing and I remember what clothes I packed). Grayson is really pushing it in the "3 mos only titled" items with his sleeves meeting at his elbows and/or forearms. Wish I could say the same for his pants! He is still wearing 0-3 mos pants bc he is tiny waisted and short torso unlike T who is long torso and longer legs. Poor Grayson-whenever I put an outfit on that fits well across his broad shoulders and wide chest the whole outfit bunches in the belly bc it truly does not fit anywhere else BUT his upper body. It is quite a chore just to pick out clothes in order to keep him comfy and warm. Aww, our lil'football player!
So, I cannot tell you how anxious I was to get the following photo shoot completed.
There is a photo of Triston in what I call the "earth-toned striped one piece outfit". This is one of my favs of T as a baby. He was almost 3 mos old and the outfit was big on him (well, it fit length wise but not width wise hence the smaller shoulders and chest so it bunched up on him alot) but I wanted something that matched the background (our bedspread). Charito took this photo. Triston's innocent smirk is so mysterious and unforgettable to me!
When we found out G was gonna be a boy I remember thinking way back then how I wanted to re-enact this photo shoot. It turned out well. The outfit is tight on G but doable. It makes me smile to see the two of them in this PAST AND PRESENT sort of light...
(above and below)
AND NOW GRAYSON...

1. Grayson's head looks SO huge!
2. Damn, my kids look good in earth tones!
3. Triston's hairline was much further back while Grayson's is closer to his forehead (which explains once again why I call T my Mr. Magoo)
4. Grayson has more hair!
Just had to share...only time will tell what other similarities and differences they posess. Regardless, I love each one equally and for their own unique "ME-ness"!
Love you oodles and a google, My 2 Fish
Mommy




No comments:
Post a Comment