Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change

Ask anyone and they will tell you that I know practically nothing about politics. In the past I have asked my parents who to vote for. NOT this year. I knew Barack is what I wanted. I know I did not understand it all so well but I saw the hope in his eyes that many of us are aching for. I will admit that it was not til he was elected that I started REALLY paying attention to the mess our country is in. The mess that I have heard so many colleagues and friends refer to and I stood quiet over. I really did not know it all! But this man, Barack has even changed my thoughts. There is something about him that makes me WANT to know what I never cared to pay attention to in the past. I watch clips of his big day, our country's big day, my big change day and I cry. I cry for my ignorance and my hope that what I am just beginning to understand will improve for all of us. I do know that having kids of my own has assisted this change. Watching Barack with his kids moves me. A family in the White House. How amazing! How excited those girls must be and even cautious, too. Anxious of what the next 4 yrs holds for their whole family. Funny, the same questions I ponder about my own family. I guess that is why it is so easy to believe in and smile right along with Barack. I even keep referring to him as Barack, not Obama. His first name, as if I had drinks with the guy! But that only proves how comfortable I am with our country's decision to move forward in this day in history. I am just in awe. Pretty cool for someone who FORMERLY didn't care much about this politics stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment