Saturday, December 25, 2010

Team Christmas...and so much more

So much went on in such a short amount of time. G and I made it home the day before Christmas Eve. So many things I was in a hurry to do-see my parents, sleep in my own bed, wrap presents n prep for Santa, laundry, see my boys. It was a flutter of events and all a blur now to be honest...but oh worth every minute. I love my family and wish I could have spent more time with them but those things are difficult to do w G. He truly needed his rest and we needed to read those signs.
Some of the memories that stick out in my mind:

Grandma got her cuddles in with the little man. She was amazed at how fast he grew.




Caden and Grandpa really bonded during his first week of life (and our hospital stay during diagnosis week. This happens to be the last time I saw my parents). It was cute to see them reunited.



Christmas eve at r place with the Lulas and Lola


Caden's stocking. I chose this one bc I wanted him to know he has 2 amazing brothers to rely on for years to come.


G was not himself when he woke. Charito and I were convinced we needed to return to the hospital. He was so quiet and tired and not nearly as excited as we thought he would be. He lied in my lap for the first few gifts. We decided to just get thru the gifts for T's sake and then call the drs. Then all of a sudden he threw up. THAT was it! He was obviously nauseous bc after that he was his usual goofy self.
His Mickey Mouse Train


For our MCDS FAN-his own setup. He loves this thing and is constantly ordering up for us.


So mesmerized by it all.



He loves this Thomas laptop, too.

T is so good about not spreading his germs

Christmas day in Roselle
Christmas morning.THE gift. The one thing he asked the Santa at Lunch with Santa and every other Santa after that-"a fragile dinosaur". I was stunned. He adored that one from Grandpa so much he wanted another. I encountered my first Parent Freak Out Xmas Moment! Just as my mother had the year I NEEDED to have a Cabbage Patch doll, or any other hot item that no parent can guarantee to grab their hands on before the big day. Well, that one from Grandpa came from Branson, Missouri. Yup, not traveling there anytime soon! I called my parents in a panic and asked if there was a way to get one shipped to us. If they even recalled the name of the shop. The only reason they encountered the place was bc they attended a flea market in St Louis. Complicated. They made some phone calls and reached success. I big relief for me.




This kid, I tell you. I dont know how many times we had to pause the unwrapping process so he could finish the next book he dove into. My little scholar!

G got undies and just had to put them on right away!




After G threw up xmas morning this was the breakfast he requested! One of his favs M&Ms

Our tree with the boys' gift donations from T's school. All labeled FROM SANTA. We received two bins full. They ranged from toys to clothes to books. It was unbelievable how generous people were. It really took the load off of Charito and I. We had no time to shop. I made it out one time w Najette weeks before xmas and shopped like mad bc I thought it would be the ONLY time I would be out.
Then Santa came and those gifts were added....



G has really been into his play kitchen the past 2 mos so I picked this one up for him. T has joined him in the kitchen for full on Iron Chef battles. I picked up the wedding cake for T. The past few mos he has been telling me he wants to marry me. When he first opened it he said it was kinda girlie. I can agree with that. But he has never cared for that sort of issue before. This is the kid who likes fairies and princesses. He does not discriminate and is fair to all imaginary beings. But since that comment I cant tell you how often he has said he loves his wedding cake. I am served up a slice daily. He says it reminds him of Ace of Cakes. I love my lil Food Network fan.


For T my geography buff


T's microscope, for my science guy. He also received a volcano kit, science kits, a magic set and tons of books.

Caden received alot of teether and rattle type toys. He loves them.


One of my fav school decors. They even had the priest and deacon visit the classroom in their garb to discuss their roles in school and church. He made this on St Nicholas day (the first time I ever celebrated that occasion)

I bought this w the intention to FINALLY take T to the see it live but G's events made that pretty impossible. I promise next year. But he was excited to get it and has adored the story since we watched it on tv at 1 yrs old. I will never forget the awe in his eyes.



Triston's letter to Santa

Dear Santa

I love you

How was your travel?

and a drawing of a fragile dinsosaur peeking out of an egg ("To remind him")

Grayson's letter to Santa

It meant so much to me that I was given that chance to be home and have our real xmas on its actual day. I would have dealt w it had it not but it was wonderful having it as we have known it to be. Charito and I spent the wee hours of the eve wrapping like our procrastinator selves. Our usual mommy-daddy routine. Teamwork. Teamwork from so many angles. The nurses who pushed the process to get us home in time. G's bone marrow , neutrophils, and digestive tract doing their job to eliminate that methotrexate in a timely manner. T's school staff and parish who helped make this a Christmas to remember. The hearts, thoughts and prayers that we all felt along the way. It truly was a Christmas...that meant so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment