Wednesday, May 6, 2009

ESCAPE'

Escape'...lik McCafe'...like Dori says to Marlin-"Hey, look at that! That sign says escape' and spelled the same way as ESCAPE" when they are so desperately looking for an escape hatch from the sharks! (something to that effect).
Either way-that is what I NEEDED! Charito saw it on my face 2 Fridays ago when he got home. It was that BAD! So early Saturday morning I called Timber Ridge Waterpark in Lake Geneva and played dumb to see if I could get any last minute deals. Wallah! They gave me a room for $109 instead of $159! Done deal! I packed our bags right away.
This place was perfect! Perfect driving distance, sized park, room...EVERYTHING. I think it helped that I am partial to Lake Geneva, a olace Charito and I have been going to since our dating days. He reminded me (yeah, I have a bad memory with SOME things, not all, right Joel?) that our first visit there was the day after one of our proms (see, I can't even remember which prom he said it was 2 wks ago).
T was so excited to hear we were going to a waterpark! He absolutely loves slides. I didn't tell him til he was getting his haircut. He even offered to pack his own bag! Too bad that didn't work out to my advantage bc he fell asleep on the way home for A.C.'s. Oh, well.
Here are some of my fav shots! There was even a moment when Charito and T went down the tube slide on a double inner tube and when they reached the bottom they flipped over and ended up underwater together! I held my breathe wondering how T was gonna react when he resurfaced-his response after a few coughs, "Let's do it again!" Total T comment to make.
It was the perfect mini escape...with a little stop at the outlet mall for gym shoes for daddy and T on the way home. Mission accomplished.



Look at that Buddha belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment