First off, Easter was not and will not be the same until Mom and Dad come home!
Ok-enuff of my wah wahs! Now onto the fun.
We started our Easter festivities with some egg coloring. This was exciting bc we never got around to doing it in the past few years. This was Triston's first time coloring eggs. He had a blast especially since he got to take what he had read in books and seen on TV and make it is own reality. He was so excited! He could NOT wait til Charito got home from Tommy's bday party. As soon as C walked thru the door T jumped up and down and said' "Let's start coloring!" It was so interesting to see how strategic T approached the process. He thought out his color choices and waited patiently. Too cute! It was also sweet that this ended up being our bonding time with T seeing as G had fallen asleep already. I think T really enjoyed the one-to -one attention.
Easter morning we woke up late and missed church (oops!) We barely got our own little egg hunt in before we headed to breakfast by Chef Bro Neal in Roselle. It was a small hunt in my mind but I forgot what little it takes to please T. While T hunted G watched, taking mental notes, I am sure. G is so into watching every move T makes these days. I cannot help but wonder what he is thinking. It is so touching to observe.
But while T continued his hunt and joy for anything chocolate I waited to unleash the secret weapon. Grayson's first chocolate anything-a chocolate bunny. Now I NEVER would have done this with my first boy!!! Again I say NEVER. My mother even reminded later that night on the phone how I scolded her the first time she gave T chocolate and I freaked out and told her if he explodes poop all over himself she is coming to clean it up. I was way too afraid of how chocolate is processed on the same line as nut products and would not have even chanced it with T. Now with number 2 I am much braver. Yeah, I was a little nervous about the nut factor but I think my personal WANT for G to enjoy the day in his own special way over rode that nervous twitch of mine. It was EVER SO worth it. It is by far the first and best memorable moment for me of the day. What a hoot!
That little boy was sucking so hard on that bunny to my shock he took off a whole chunk of the ears! Hilarious. The best num nums he has had in his 6 mos!
What a feast all the while the little boys stuffing their faces and running around well, like wild boys. No matter how long it has been since T and Ayden have seen each other those 2 pick up right where they left off-endless play, laughs, rough-housing and crazy cuz antics!




No comments:
Post a Comment