Saturday, April 4, 2009

Trains and Mommy time

Triston's friend Jackson just turned 3! His mom, Alysa (who I met and became friends with after I finished teaching her eldest daughter Maddie) invited us and Becky and Jack (going to be 3 soon) over for a little bday party. I LOVED that it was so low key and the boys LOVED that it was all about TRAINS! Alysa (who is soooo creative) baked little train car cakes for the boys to decorate. Then big girl Maddie his train cars around the house for the boys to go on a scavenger hunt. Once they found one of each color they got a train to take home. T is still lugging that thing around telling G, "Remember this was at Jackson's house?!" They had a blast. They also enjoyed a fantastic train table made by Jackson's grandfather and a good ol' game of jumpin' off the couch onto pillows and bean bags. This was probably the most exciting event of the party for T bc he doesn't get to do that here at home. I have a hard enuf time keeping from running across the couch and climbing all over all other types of furniture. But Jackson's home has the luxury of carpeting so I let T go at it!
I always enjoy chilling with Becky and Alysa. We always joke how we had to wait til Becky and I were no longer teaching Maddie in order for us to become friends. And these are friendships I am grateful to have in my life. For some reason it is really hard to get together with other friends' kids for playdates and yet Becky and Alysa and I make it happen so easily. And to add to the playdate happenings G and Jack's lil sis Alice will soon be chasing each other around!
I can only imagine what more fun we will have if Jackson joins us at Farnsworth in the Fall!

The 3 boys icing up their train cars
Jack and his frosting face!

Alice and Grayson (the lil audience)

G taking a break after sitting up for a while. He really liked that shape sorter ( reminded me to get our out this weekend).

Jack and T are amazed by the marble run Jackson's grandfather built. T remembers this toy everytime I mention we are going over there.
Pretty girl Alice

The train T built after the scavenger hunt
Superhero Triston

No comments:

Post a Comment