Sunday, May 17, 2009

The ABC's

Even though my Mother's Day post has been on my list of things to do...I had to write about this ASAP or I would forget it.
Triston continues to fill me with pride in every cognitive move he makes. Not only does it make me proud but LUCKY. Lucky that I have a child that finds such enjoyment in the early academics of life. Always asking questions, pondering why AND coming up with a solution. He has always been like that. Charito and I have this running joke that whenever there is a problem (even one he and I may not see in the "scenery") T observes it and starts tinkering away. It is just how his mind works. And I think I should give a little thanks to programs like Little Einsteins, Handy Manny (as much as I didn't want him to get into that show!), Special Agent OSO and even our new family favorite Phineas and Ferb. And lucky that I have a healthy soon to be preschooler, especially when I think about the students I have worked with over the years.
Well, this morning, as I was preparing the boys' menus for tomorrow and trying to organize my thoughts for Ayden's bday party today I heard T yelling from the living room..."Mommy, it's an F...T...E (you get the picture)..come and see!" I had to look bc I just couldn't imagine what he was talking about seeing as he was in his booster seat eating breakfast and in front of the TV (yes, bad mommy). I walk in and on his tray he had formed the letter E with his raisins! I couldn't believe my eyes. AND what was even funnier is how proud he was. Once I hugged him and told him how smart that was he just kept going with any other letters that popped into his mind!
It just touched me as a MOM, teacher and OT in my second life! I can't wait to see how he reacts to school and the many opportunities he will have to take current knowledge and make it explode. I really wonder how he will absorb it all and what he will do with it. Will it feel like when you finish a great book that dug deep into your soul? A huge AAHAA moment? Wow, so this is what I can do with that? I don't know. I just remember the tingles I felt throughout my body when I got it. When it all made sense. I also remember what it felt like when I didn't get it, like math. I wonder what he will struggle with.
Whatever it may be I know for now that I will rejoice and struggle right alongside him...it's in my mommy contract and I will never tear that baby up! I am right where I want to be...mommy 24-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment