Charito kept asking me what I wanted for Mother's Day and all I KNEW I wanted was a day with my boys-no interruptions. No constant reminders from around the house of what NEEDED to be done-dusting (Bryley is shedding so bad this season and she typically is not a hefty shedder), laundry, fixing the hole in kitchen ceiling, hating our kitchen, and the need for decluttering (where do all these toys come from?!). I wanted to be SOMEWHERE with them to take the sting away from not being with my mom. Even though I knew it was only a matter of weeks til I saw her, the thought wasn't helping me much as Sunday approached.
So, it was all left to deciding where to go. I was torn between the zoo (always a fav of mine) and the Botanic Gardens (I love the Japanese garden, waterfalls and English Walled garden. I can remember going there when Charito and I were dating). That Sunday morn I decided on the Botanic (but I do need to get my butt out to Morton Arboretum, my gal Alysa has been raving about it for yrs).
Triston loves it at the Botanic. And it was gonna be Grayson's first time. I was even excited for T when I discovered they had a train exhibit. Mini RC trains through natural gardens highlighting American monuments. Even though there was a fee ( we lied and said T was 2 yrs old. Hey, I am gonna milk his Shorties for as long as I can!) it was a great exhibit. Amazing in fact. T was total boy with wide eyes and huge smiles.
I also like that the place is so open and screams zen that I am much more relaxed to let T just be free. There were so many mommy moments where I found him following paths, this turn and that turn, and taking it all in himself. He loved it! I loved watching him! Charito and I kept commeting how big he seemed amongst the fields, flowers and other blooming scenery. We couldn't help but feel elated over what we and T had accomplished in his 3 yrs of life. He is an amazing individual with so much more ahead of him. So many more jokes, giggles, big bro moments and so forth.
It was another great day with the men in my life. I only thought about my hard work and pride in my children. I work hard to make them who they are and T n G add to the mix everyday with their own sprinkles to the batter. So many more times than not they make my job easier than I thought it would ever be. I HAVE great boys. Well-behaved boys. Polite boys. Adorable boys. Handsome boys. I will always love this job they call mommyhood. I am okay taking the good with the bad. The rough days happen to help me along with a lesson, a reminder to keep my cool or change my view. I know that now. I know that as much as I hate work (yes, hate) I do it for my boys. So we can take trips and go on, as T says "adventures", and try the latest this n that. Ice cream outings, bike rides, sushi eatings and everything else we love or have not discovered yet. I love being a mom and I am beginning to give myself some credit for what I accomplish with the kids. Charito and I work together, a team, , to do it all for us four. It is all we want in this world. To continue to give our endless love, affection and everything else we have. I just want my boys to feel as special as I know they are. They truly are what keeps me going. I love you, my Mr. Magoo/Eggroll and Sushi! Oodles and a google forever.




No comments:
Post a Comment