Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blahs

School shopping for his new backpack and shoes. He really wanted a GREEN backpack!
The back-to-school blahs are creeping up in my belly and nervous mind.

Yeah, I feel better knowing I went in last Thursday and Friday to get little stuff done (not to mention my fantastic classroom assistant) but it doesn't make it all go away. Now I am going in on Tuesday for a bit which may not last too long bc I will have the kids. Wednesday is my first official payday. I KNOW what I am really stressing about is the change. I hate knowing a change in routine is about to happen and I don't know how it is gonna play out. I told myself the past two mornings I was gonna wake up at 5:30 am and practice and well, that just didn't happen. I COULD NOT drag my ass out of bed. So, here I am enjoying a lazy Sunday, the last of my summer Sundays. AHHHHH!
The only thing making it slightly easier (or postponing my emotional breakdown) is the anticipation and excitement I share with Triston for his first day of school and all that goes with it. He is beyond excited! Charito and I decided to have a picnic the day before his first day of school on the school grounds. This way we can soak in the moment together as a family, show him the grounds (he has seen them before but this is all on his terms and an intro to HIS new world), door he will enter and exit, etc. We will let it all be about HIM. He deserves it! THANK YOU for the idea, Alysa!!!
I may be inducing unnecessary stress on myself and find that this new morning routine will go smooth. I mean, it's not like my kids aren't up early anyway. It is the anticipation of it all that is getting to me. How will I get it all done? Now we are right back to errands after school instead of the summer days when we were done by 10 am. I will miss that. I will miss the days of not having any plans and being okay with that. I will miss our walks, bike rides and NAPS. Those won't be happening anymore and will have to be saved for weekends. I am right back to writing out weekday menus and prepping breakfast and lunch food for the boys. Those tedious little things I do to keep my life and brain organized and sane. I cannot help it.
So, goodbye easy-peasey summer days with virtually no agendas and fly-by-seat-of-our-pants kind of days. Back to the well oiled machinery called SCHOOL YEAR.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with ya. =(
    At least we have the joys of winter and spring breaks and then the entire summer! So, let's just start counting down until December twenty-something!And remember I'm there for you as long as you're there for me! =)

    ReplyDelete