Tuesday, June 23, 2009
"Mommy" Evolution
Triston threw me for a loop this weekend. Out of the blue he started calling me "mama" NOT "mommy"! How dare he! What is happening? It is cute but I miss my old name. He has been doing a fair combination of both but it still gets me to pause. At times he even says, "Oh wait. You're not mama, you're mommy! Oops, sorry". I haven't corrected him but I think he has figured something out with the way Charito and I look at each other. Why is this happening? We think it is because G has been calling out "mama" (and "dada") and T has picked up on it. And when he does say 'mama' it doesn't seem like he is even aware he has switched. Yes, it is very cute but I can't help think it is some sort of passage into preschool-hood that I was unaware of. A portal I am not sure if I am ready for. I miss my little eggroll. My baby boy. Keep thinking about how he is starting school in September (at least I hope so. Government funding may ruin that whole plan for us and then I don't know what we will do. I am not ready to pay an outrageous amount of tuition for a 3 yr old!). When did my baby grow up?! Well, at least he is a cuddler and still WANTS to cuddle with me. G wants nothing to do with it. I have to scoop him up after he has fallen asleep in order to get my cuddle quota for the week. Hmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment