Friday, June 12, 2009

Someday...

Triston will be too big to use this door. Too big to use it the way I adore. I had to get a picture to etch it in time. One of those moments when I realized it is all going by so fast. I remember installing and cutting these doors in half for the safety and watchful eye of the once crawler and walker. Every nite we close his door and every morning I find his door like this.When he wakes up to climb into our bed to cuddle (6am as always) this is what I see when I head downstairs to get Grayson's bottle. The little shortie exits through the bottom half. He only pays attention to the top half when an adult is entering or exiting.
To think he will be so much taller one day and the latch to attach the two halves will be consistently locked. One full door in effect. I REALLY don't mind waiting as long as it takes for that day. I long for shortie days. To keep my lil' ones lil' and cuddly. I will wait. And keep on smilin' and smirkin' each morning when I glance at his escape route. And hold onto the memory. Besides, there will be a few years for G to follow the same escape plan, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment