Monday, June 22, 2009

Lifeguards, watch out!





Sunday was T's first swim class. We were all excited. Mommy n T were gonna swim and "learn safety tricks" and daddy n g were gonna watch (it was daddy day, afterall). Well, did I have my info wrong! You see, I signed up for a class out in Roselle so he and Ayden could be together and it was so much cheaper. Amy and I assumed it was a mom and tot kinda class with an indoor pool. Wrong on both ideas! My jaw dropped when the instructors (more like teeny boppers) informed parents they needed to remain near the deck area. What do you mean I am not in there w/ him? Charito looked as concerned as I.

T was hesitant. New pool, new people, just woke up 30 min ago, etc. I asked if I could go in w/ him and they agreed. They used noodles to teach floating techs, made bubbles in the water, and kicked off the edge of the pool. Before I knew it T didn't even need me. He like the instructor, Matt, and eventually became unexpectedly confident. The other instructor asked me to sneak out. I did and I WAS OK! It was another one of those "look how big he is getting" moments. I just felt bad for Ayden. He clung to Amy for this life and never really relaxed enuf for her to sneak out.

Later when T was asked if he had fun by anyone throughout his day his response was, " First, I was scared and then I was brave. But Ayden cried. He did not have fun." It was such a matter of fact response. I just told T that Ayden will try again next week. And I KNOW Ayden will do it! He just goes at his own pace. When he is finally comfy WATCH OUT bc he is READY for fun!

As for T. The lifeguards better watch out for him, bc he sure is having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment