Tonight I am finishing up that last minute packing frenzy. For as organized as I am, packing is something I HATE. You would think I would be excited to pack and get on the road but I just never get the umff to pack until last minute...in true procrastination style. I enjoy packing up the kids' things. But my own! Forget it!
But even though the packing is near completion I am much more pumped for the visit to Arkansas. More so than last year. It was 4 th of July weekend and I was prego w/ G. I was so anxious to see my parents and share in the prego belly moments we had missed out on since they packed up and left us. NOW, this July, I am SO ANXIOUS to share and catch up in the moments ABOUT G they have missed out on. He has accomplished so much developmentally in the past month that I feel no matter how many times I express it in conversation it just isn't the same as in person. The "see it for yourself " kind of stuff. I actually have TICKLES in my stomach I am so ecstatic we are leaving tomorrow!
And with my tickles came a few and far between moment w/ G tonite. You see, he is not a cuddler by any means. Yeah, he did when he was tiny bc well, that's what newborns love. But since he's been sleeping through the nite at 2 mos old he has become very serious about his sleep. Very serious! When he is tiredm, watch out! Most other babies you can pick up, cling close to you and away they fall asleep. All snuggled up and cozy, right? NOT baby G. He WANTS his bed or any other place he can lie on his stomach and take care of that need for sleep. And once you give it to him he is out like a light. I miss those cuddle moments. T is still a cuddler. It is just hard to wrap my mommy mind around this when G is such a happy baby 99% of his day. It is so odd (and of course the spec ed teacher in me is keeping sensory issues stored way back in the mental file cabinet just in case. Yeah, I cant help it. I am a freak).
Every so often he will brush up against your arm or body and caress us and just in the past month he is reaching out to you when he wants up. But TONIGHT! TONIGHT! Tonight he was awoken by his crabby bro at 9:30pm and was crying and wouldn't console himself. So I picked him up and attempted (like we do daily just for the joke of it) to bring him into my bed and cuddle. (Charito and I even tell G when T is cuddling, "See G, look over here. This is what cuddling is. This is what it looks like." ) AND he did. He eventually gave in and fell back to asleep next to me all cuddled up like the old days. I so did not want to put him down. I lied there about 50 minutes enjoying his smell, breath, heartbeat and little baby snores. Unfortunately I had to relinquish the moment and get back to packing but it was oh so worth the delay. I hope for more! It was again a reminder of that little invention I want Charito to create- a camera of some sort installed in our room where I can capture all those cutsie little sleepy time moments between T, G and Bry and myself that I obviously can't photograph myself bc the moment would be ruined as soon as I crept out of bed. I need some device with the click of a button or my voice that will snap those moments up for me. Charito, get busy on that would you please!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment