Monday, January 4, 2010

This one goes out to...

MY LOVE! MY HUSBAND!
He deserves his own post. He deserves it all (or does he already have that with me, Triston, Grayson and 1/3? I was calling it 1/4 and then it hit me- there are only 3 trimesters of prego, duh?) He has been absolutely amazing the past few weeks. He has been my run around guy, without even asking he offers. He surprises me upon return from these little errands with gifts aplenty! You name it....bubble tea (so many that I have had 4 varieties already-watermelon, almond milk tea, tarot and avocado mango. If you have not feasted on bubble tea from Chill at Village Crossing GO TODAY! It is what baby craves in my defense), swedish fish (red only), sour patch kids, chocolate covered raisins, hot tea, chips and anything else I have consumed lately. And you wonder why the baby pouch is so visible so early on?!
Not only is Charito always great but I believe his extra wondrous efforts have resulted in his realization and my delayed realization that I didn't get the winter break I had intended. Yes, I got to spend tons of time with my parents but not the kinda time I wanted to. I found myself going out to Roselle everyday so I could soak up any and all minutes I could with them (afterall, I only see them twice a year and with baby #3 coming I dont know what 2010's timeline is like for visits). We did nothing exciting. No fun little visits to Target or mall. No antiquing in St. Charles with my dad (something I was really looking forward to seeing as we hadnt since 2004). No nice dinners out. Just a whole lotta lying around, eating and with chit chat. No deep conversations or the kind I wanted to have. I was able to get thru the catch up kinda conversations but with so many interruptions.
Now this was no one person's fault-it is just too busy when they come to visit. They are returning "home" to not only visit but catch up on their own personal affairs. These include banks, great grandma maintenance, sick alcoholic Uncle B visits, straighten things out with their "renters" Mike, Neal and Amy and finish up their own Xmas shopping of things that didnt fit in the car on the way up. There was always someone who needed to be somewhere at a certain time, or who didnt come home at all, or myself who needed to take the kids back n forth to dr. aptmts. And of course the big white elephant following us around which seemed to be the biggest priority/distraction of them all-the "break" that Neal and Amy are taking resulting in Amy's moving out. Any attempt at plans was futile. It was pretty frustrating.
Now I know I should be pleased I GOT to spend time with them, SEE them, BE with family and ones I love during holidays. AND I WAS. I guess I just anticipated a totally different winter break and once again disappointed myself. I still cant figure out what it is I expect to experience when they visit. I just need to stop I guess.
But on the good side my parents, as always, were too good and generous to the boys and Charito and I for xmas. It was delightful to see Triston's face light up when he saw them. As for Grayson, he eventually warmed up (he is the one I worry will forget who they are, as the same for baby number 3).
Okay back to hubby! Bc he seems to have realized all this and my prego state wins me points I guess-he is superman! The sweet thoughts and comments he shares. The little things he does around the house. THE NAPS he let me take! It was all about my agenda, my wishes for the day. And really, I had no exciting plans on our family days. I just wanted to be. Be us. Time I lost when toting back and forth to Roselle. He understood the mommy time I wanted with Triston. He just got me! I love him more and more for it! I love you, babe! Thanks for keeping me happy even when I didnt even know I needed it. You are the best, and all mine! Our children are so lucky to have a role model like you, a man who knows how to take care of his lady with love and respect. I will remind them of it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment