
The past few months have been amazing to watch unfold-the relationship between brothers. Triston has really found a friendship in his little bro. He asks him to play trains, demonstrates how to play or fix something, and offers up plenty of spontaneous "i love yous" and hugs. And of course, Grayson has no complaints. You mean I get to play with big boy stuff?! Awesome! is what I imagine going thru G's head each time a quarrel is non-existent (and they do happen, isn't that part of sibling-hood, too). But overall, it is way too sweet. It is really adorable seeing how a train table (the ultimate gift for T this year) has become their bonding toy of choice. Two little boys pushing along trains in harmony. I can leave them in T's (soon to be theirs) room for almost an hour just doing their thing. I enjoy listening to them giggle at each other as trains fall off tracks and dinos and other characters make their way into the city. Quite amusing.
I was especially touched when my mom asked T if she could take G home with her to Arkansas. It went like this:
T: No, he is my baby brother.
Grandma: But its ok bc mommy is having another baby that you can keep.
T: But I like him. Grayson is mine. Not yours.
Grandma: You can have the other baby.
T: But I love Grayson. He is my brother. We are a family. Okay. So, no thanks.
Cute, huh? Often during that visit I found Triston sticking up for Grayson whenever Ayden would protest G's involvement in their play. I heard T say things like, "Ayden, dont yell at my baby brother like that!". I couldnt help but smirk.
I know this won't last forever but I am taking it all in. The lastest big bro move of kindness came when we visited Buy Buy Baby this weekend. We were passing thru the "big boy clothes" section upon request from T and he came across the shirt pictured above. T immediately screeched, "Hey, Grayson and I watch this! Remember mom, in the mornings!" I affirmed his observation and he followed it up with, "Can I buy this for Grayson?" I looked at the tag. Seven bucks. No biggie. I told him yes and he showed it to G. "Look, Grayson! Look what I am buying for you!" Grayson just gave a smile. Anything T says in excitement delights him so who knows what was going thru his mind at the time. All I know is T was so proud of his find and showed it off to Auntie Katie and patiently waited for daddy to walk in the door and show him. It was the highlight of his day. And mine, too!




No comments:
Post a Comment