Although it has been wonderful to spend so much time with my parents this winter break, I feel as though I have accomplished zero time with my own family.
The house has fallen apart in the past 2 weeks. Nothing has been done. I took every opportunity to see my parents which meant almost everyday back and forth to Roselle w sick kids so I wouldnt miss a second with them. We had fun and even though it was a whole lotta "doing nothing" time, it was time I dont have any other month of the year except July. And now with baby numero 3 our plans for seeing each other again are up in the air. We may not see them again til July when they opt to come here instead of us there so they can be here ( or shortly after) for birth of the baby.
Anyway, so these thoughts were followed by my quick fix to get time in with my family before work again on Monday. New years eve and day were met with tons of relaxation, laughs and our own family time doing our favs-eating, reading, movies and playing. It was nice to finally spend time with my hubby and have a sense of our family back (while we tried hard to clean up the house a bit). But tonite I took the time to be with my big boy, Triston. We headed out to date nite to see the Princess and the Frog. My little prince was the only boy at the show (I hope people see his affectionate side when he shows his interests in princesses and such the way we do). It was nice bc there were only 4 other people in the theatre. It was such a sweet nite.
As we pulled up to the theatre he said, " Oh mom, look at the lights! I remember this place when we saw UP!" But this time Grayson was not with us. He bought his own ticket. Carried his own goodies (and hidden in my purse were our favs sour patch kids n raisinets). Me and my big boy sitting side by side. There he is holding a big tub of popcorn tall enuf to his chin. Then randomly sipping on a blue slushi (his first!) tall enuf to his nose. As the lights went out and the preview began he whispered, " I love this theatre, mommy. I love you,too". I got teary-eyed and the movie hadnt even begun yet. To think he is at the age to understand and treasure our little moments, his OWN personal moments with us and acknowledge it in his own mannerisms. Adorable. Several times during the movie I heard him giggle and look up at me as if to say, that was a funny one wasnt it, mom? I received whispers of thanks for the yummy popcorn and slushy and candy. Many offers for me to eat too bc " I love to share with you, mommy". It was just such a great nite. He sat wonderfully and took it all in. And the best part of all....at the end of the movie when the prince and princess kiss HE LEANED OVER, GRABBED MY HEAD AND KISSED ME ON THE LIPS followed by "AWW, HOW CUTE...RIGHT, MOM?" My reply, "Yes, honey. It is cute. They love each other and I love you...very much". And to that he added, "Me three, mom. Me three". What more could I ask for? I love date nite with my OWN prince! And I cant complain about the 'princess kisses' I get either!
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment