Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Never a dull moment in the Carper household

For the past few months I have meant to get on here and vent. Vent about the school year that has been my most difficult in 10 years. One to two kids that make it impossible. Adults that make it unbearable. And everytime I wanted to get on and write and vent I told myself what diff would it make. None of its going away til June anyway! Then I read my friend Becky's post in the last 2 weeks of school in which she did exactly that-VENT. And in reading hers I FELT BETTER. Number 1-knowing I wasnt alone. Number 2-knowing someone else can get down on themselves and question their abilities as a mother and a special education teacher. I SHOULD have blogged it. I SHOULD have vented. Bc through that blog of hers and days after she saw the light at the end of the tunnel. The light I also had difficulties seeing til that last day of school. When those lil 4 yr olds leave you and you KNOW you made a difference and their parents LET you know it! And in retrospect I realize it wasnt the pregnancy that made things more difficult for me since January. It was the pregnancy that kept me going. IT WAS the light at the end of my tunnel. So there. A quick summary of my mood past few months.

Onto summer!

You would think my first week of summer would be relaxing...yeah right! Its been fun and exhausting and unpredictable all at the same time. I liked that we were busy with gym classes and library story hours and reading programs (that T is loving -especially the "book report" part). It was the unpredictable stuff that threw me for a loop! On Monday Bry sliced her foot and needed stitches. All of this right before Charito was heading off to road trip Vegas Bachelor party for 5 days. Plus get this and that done all in preparation for dr aptmts, a 4th of July wedding T and C are in and anything else that fell on my plate. Through it all we filled many of classes, playdates, zoo time and wonderful brothers and mommy time. Exhausting but well worth it.
It is soooo unbelievable to watch how these two boys of mine are evolving into brotherhood. It actually impresses me to see how nice its going. I even like the bit of bickering bc it shows G is standing up for himself and T is keeping his own intentions in mind and not just giving into G for sake of babyhood. I love it! And I feel like I was spoiled with even more time of it w/ C away.

The first week was hectic but great. Silly how it feels like Ive been off for over a month already and its only been a week. Gotta love that feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment