Triston began his Tuesday hyper and well, not listening at all! The only reason I brought him to school with me (which is usually a treat) was bc I woke up late which then caused Charito to run late and possibly get T to school late as well as himself to work. I guilted myself into it. It was the first time he really didn't listen in my class. He usually eats his breakfast then gets to play for a bit. He did nothing but push my buttons. I warned him as I dropped him off that he would NOT be able to come to work with me the rest of the week. This is something that usually phases him and it didn't and now I know why. I even felt bad for scolding him like that in the hallway and jotted over to him last minute to tell him I love him. I actually wanted to hide in the bathroom and cry.
Well, a couple of hours later and his teacher came to tell me he was throwing up! I had that AHA moment, that explains his evilness this morning! Poor guy. I went to check on him. He looked so sad and pale. All I wanted to do was pick him up and run him home and crawl into bed with him. I HATED I had to stay back. Thank goodness for great friends/rescuers like Alysa (the wonderful mom who drives him home daily and provides him with his "friend"-ly entertainment=Jackson, T's buddy). She still agreed to take him home for me and I just prayed there would be no projectile anything in her car! He made it home mess-free (unless, you lied Alysa so you wouldn't freak me or Mamac out?)
From that point on he could not hold anything down until today ( Wednesday night timish). His little belly would not tolerate anything. I kept pumping the gatorade but even a few goldfish crackers messed up my hydration attempts. I didnt care what he ate or wanted as long he tried something. Didnt matter!
Right after school I ran to Jewel to get ingredients for homemade chicken soup and the gatorade. It was as if I couldn't get home fast enuf. The first few hours I was home were sad to watch T in that state but pure chuckle factor in regards to G. He would NOT leave T's side. It was if he was thinking the following:
- Hey wanna play? How come you don't want to play? Come on get up!
- Stop lying there! (I set T up on the living room floor with a sleeping bag to limit the vomit boundaries)
- Move over so I can sit with you. Come on....move over! NOW! (As G crams himself attempt after attempt into the same sleeping bag as T) Followed by whines and cries and grunts of PISSATION (yes, that is my coined word for "the state of being pissed off'")
Poor T just wanted him out of his hair. Poor G couldnt understand why and just wanted to be by his side no matter what condition T was in. Eventually I had to diffuse the fight and give G a blanket next to T. That worked out! But the next few hours were all about making sure T made it into the bucket and watching G push his way into T's face with tons of "uhs" and "hhmmms" and "me" and "dis" and "was dat?" , signs for please, more, help and calling out to "iiieeee" (Bryley) to get T's attention with any words or grunts he had available to him. He was SOOOOO persistent.
It was the sweetest thing to observe! He even tried pulling me toward T on the floor as if to "fix" him or something about this situation.
Since I knew this would go on (as G stole food items from the bowls of snacks I tried to get T to eat, sips from his cups, etc. As I am trying to keep G away from the germs which he prob had first when he was vomiting Sunday nite out of the blue) I had to rid of G. I sent him to early bed and let T rest as best as he could in between pukes. As I lied on the couch all nite I kept thinking how special this all is. This wonderful relationship they have even in the sick times. I even remembered T saying to G at 2 am Sunday nite, "It will be okay lil bro, mommy will clean you up. I'm here". They actually care for each other! Didn't think this was possible at such a young age?! And I am not the only mom having these kind of moments-my friend Becky experiences the sweetest playtime moments and lovey dovey moments, too. Am I imagining this? What will a possible baby girl do to this mix? Is it safe to say that it is our parenting skills creating all of this? Becky and her hubby have similar parenting styles. Or is the mommy teacher mentality? I prob shouldnt be dwelling on the how and be happy to see the product but it baffles me. I fear that day that it all turns into the bantering my bros and I did growing up. The bantering I hear my girlfriends describe in the backseats of their family vans. The full out fist fights. Will it all turn sour as puke one day? Ugh!
I guess til then I will embrace the happy times and let them warm my heart even more. And of course, (the sneaky and cheerful boy he is) when I asked G what he was doing he looked up at me with this:

"What, Mom? I am just doing my job! "




precious picture of sweet T laying on the floor ... and i promise, no lie. he didn't puke in the car. had he, i would have puked right along with him cuz i'm not so good at dealing with puke. so whew, we made it through that little ride home with no problem at all. =) hugs to you.
ReplyDelete