Sometimes I wonder...
that's my kid that wants that?
Lately Grayson has been a boy of tons of routine! Since December he has been insisting on undressing n dressing self, going "pee" (which is just the motions and no magical/accidental pee release, but I do have those mini m&ms on hand for when it happens)
I finally got pee and dressing on video and its too cute to see that little body do all that-I'll get it up soon,
and the living room rituals when we come from upstairs. Grayson acts as though the living room is not complete without the TV on. And they really dont watch as much as you would think! But recently he is hunting down the remote, bringing it to us and saying "tee, tee". When you ask him if he wants it on he simultaneously signs and says "peese". Or he nods his head up and down and tells you "esss" (he's really into responding to questions with the head nod or shake in past few weeks. It's weird to observe bc it appears way too serious for our little clown). So, of course my head went spinning with thoughts of TV addiction and the like and then it hit me. Triston was the same way. My boys love background noise. When it's on they tune in and out of the shows while taking part in their crazy schemes of play-hood. It is all about the background noises. Just like daddy. NOT AT ALL like mommy.
I NEED silence to get nitty gritty jobs done. I cannot listen to music while getting dressed and such. Too distracting (odd considering I have been dressing myself for over 30 yrs and it is a task of auto pilot these days but yet I still cannot listen to TV or music while doing so). I cannot listen to any kind of video or music while parking or searching for a parking spot or even approaching a location I am unfamiliar with. Again, too distracting. Probably the only time I can listen to any type of audio while doing something else is cleaning, cooking, dancing or socializing. Things that dont require me to think through steps.
So, I sit back and watch my little men put together puzzles, play board games, act out parades and other boy adventures and I still wonder? What is with all this noise?!




No comments:
Post a Comment