Vday wasnt just a day for us, it was an entire weekend. I needed it badly (I didn't realize how badly til its near end today, Sunday evening). Surpisingly enuf (seeing as it was all meetings and driving) Thursday was a nice day at work. I left in a good mood, the kind I haven't felt in a many weeks. So, I was so thrilled to start the weekend.
Charito took Friday off so we could attempt sledding if the weather held nice. We haven't been all winter (anytime the weather cooperated the kids health did not). Thanks to grandma and grandpa we had a great Mcds breakfast with pink Valentine milk (they sent the boys gift cards for Vday of which T could not wait to use his "Old McDonalds money") and then off to sledding.




T is hiding in front somewhere!
Those giggles of Triston's and smiles (and some whines) of Grayson's made all the time bundling up well worth it. We knew the adventure was over when T sloppy walked up the snow hill with all energy leaving his body with every step. He even asked when it was time for the place to close. I asked him if he was ready and he agreed. They lasted about an hour, exactly what Charito and I calculated. Yippee, just in time for naps. We arrived home to peel off our layers and climb into bed for a family nap. We were out for 2 hours and it was well before 2 pm when we woke.
Next, off to Vday lunch (We had told T it was going to be a day of valentine meals and his lunch choice was sushi, of course). We headed to one of our favs RA in the Glen. They are usually not busy for lunch so it's like we have the place to ourselves. We enjoyed our usual california rolls , edamame, and calamari. Charito and I got courageous with some specialty rolls (those that were safe for me to consume). The Viva Las Vegas and Tootsy Make were wonderful! Even Grayson had his first California Roll and persistently attempted those chopsticks. He was so determined and got a few bites into his mouth. He really thought he was accomplishing something special right along with the rest of the family.

After lunch we did some errands (including a stop at Gold Mill Mall for ice cream and a pound of chocolate-covered strawberries-by the way they were all gone by Saturday afternoon thanks to me, T and G) and headed home for more family time. Charito and I even got a chance to watch Avatar after the kids went to bed (even though I fell asleep near the end). It was such a nice relaxing day. Even though the rest of the weekend was full of bday parties and my neverending mountain of laundry (still not done) it was SO nice to ONLY think of my family, MY boys.



The boys also did a wonderful job of vday cards for daddy. I love how G is into art and imitating every move T makes as he flipped his paper over here and there with a scribble like this and that. T even commented that "Grayson is working really hard, mom". And he was. It was a weekend I def needed and it makes it even harder to embrace Tuesday. Lucky for Presidents Day off and I continue to look forward to March 4 when we find out what number 3 is. It has become my personal motivation to get thru February.
Even now as late as it feels (feels like 11:30 pm due to our lazy day that has dragged on and it's only after 7) T is still milking the lazies by watching ice skating on the Olympics channel (even though we just finished a movie nite with popcorn and skittles and Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure). Which reminds me...(as does T) we need to go ice skating soon. It's on our list.
But as far as lists go, this weekend is in the books as great!




No comments:
Post a Comment