Saturday, November 21, 2009

It finally arrived!





A week before Halloween my mom told me to expect a
package for the boys filled with spooky treats and CHOCOLATE for G (you remember how much he loves chocolate). Well, we waited and waited.....and waited for this damn package. Finally after 2 weeks and several visits by my mom to her post office in Arkansas parading her complaints we gave up on the mystery package. Assumed it was lost or destroyed. I felt bad for my parents. Even though it was a box filled with dollar items and candy, I knew it had cost almost $2o to send. So that meant close to $30 down the drain. I was just glad I didn't tell T about the package. I would not have heard the end of it!
Well, after a whole week of dismissing the mystery package.....IT ARRIVED! This past THURSDAY! Over 3 weeks from the day my mom dropped it off at the post office. I came home to a soaking wet box of goodies strewn all over the dining room table. The ONE item that caught T's eye was this giant gummy spider. He was so excited. I figured I had waited long enough for the package and he deserved to enjoy the benefits. I let him have at it. The size of it was too funny against his little face. I tried a bite and it was a little tough (who knows where that box was sitting!) and I figured his mouth would tire out so quickly with all that tough chomping. No way would he finish it. Yeah, well talk about determination. It was quite the sight. Don't worry-G chomped down on his own Hershey's chocolate bar! Thank you Gramma and Grampa!

No comments:

Post a Comment