Friday, February 6, 2009

God's House

A review of Grayson's Day-January 25th
The day of Grayson's baptism was for a long time referred to as "The day Grayson would go to God's House for the first time". This helped things a little for Triston seeing as he does not remember his own. We talked about how this was going to be the first time God would kiss Grayson with holy water. We also mentioned that this church is where Mommy and Daddy were married and the same one he went to for his Baptism. Triston really seemed interested in this day. I, too, had high hopes. I was excited for the fact that we were NOT having the reception at the house! I was excited to give Grayson HIS OWN day. Not one he had to share with his big bro. I was excited to sit and relax after it was all over and enjoy an ever so yummy meal from Monastero's (the same place we had our rehearsal dinner almost 5 yrs ago). So much excitement that only turned to worry that very morning.
That morning Grayson awoke humming to himself which had quite a whiney pitch to it. It was oh too familiar-the same moan Triston used as a baby when he was sick! I took his temperature and it was 100.4. I called the doctor and was informed that if it reached 101.5 to come into the ER immediately. Oh boy! What kind of day were we walking into? But deep down I convinced myself it was going to be okay. I mean, it is a day of a holy sacrament. God would most definitely be watching over us at least once! So, I continued getting the whole family ready and put my faith into it.
As he was dressed he was so upset. Everything that touched his head upset him. I packed the thermometer and nasal bulb syringe and off we went. By the time we made it to the church at 1pm he was so quiet and trying so hard to sleep.
The beginning of the ceremony. Check out his bling!
Triston had fun at least!
I will probably get a talking to from God when I get upstairs!
First set of Godparents (Ninongs)-Maria and Kevin. I have known Maria since 3rd grade and her husband Kevin, well, I feel like I have known him just as long. I absolutely adore them!
His second set-Tim and Jenny. Jenny is Charito's cousin and her husband may as well be my brother because that is what people think when he and I are out with the rest of the Filipinos! They live in Michigan and were thrilled to be his Ninongs. I know secretly they were hoping we would have a girl but they are still elated to be such a part of his day and life!

His third set- Ted and Laura. I have known Ted as long as I have known Charito. I met Ted in drivers' ed and few weeks later met Charito. Ted actually set up a double date with my girlfriend and Charito and I were the wingmen. No plans were intended for us to be part of the date-just support for our friends on the scary day. 15+ yrs later and look who I fell in love with! Laura is not only a great gal but has honored Charito and I with godparent-hood for their kids Joey and Libby!

As the day progressed he was much more quiet and not very active at all. But at least he was eating and urinating which was the most important thing. So he got his holds in from various people and we moved right along with photo attempts. We did not get half as many as we would of had he been feeling better. Now that I think about it-we never got photos of him dressed up by himself. I will have to stage that soon now that he is all better! I WILL post those another time, I promise!

But by the end of the reception ( a meal I hardly enjoyed bc I was so worried about him) his fever had reached 102. We headed home, changed our clothes, MamaC watched Triston and Charito and I took G to the ER. We waited quite some time. After IV's, blood tests, chest x-ray it was determined he had a respiratory flu. The poor guy looked soooooo miserable and just wanted to sleep.

Here is how our God's House Day ended....

Doesn't it just break your heart?

We eventually made it home by 2 am and off to bed we went. Within the next 24 hrs his fever was gone and all he was left with was his cough and a little less energy than usual. So it is safe to say...the day did not happen as I had imagined in my mommy head but I was ever so grateful God looked after my lil' guy and he is all okey dokey now! What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment