Friday, February 27, 2009

Continues to amaze me...was it all that long ago?

Was it all that long ago that Triston was amazing me with his early gross motor movements? It seems ages ago! For weeks now we have watched Grayson roll from his back to left and right side over and over again.

As of yesterday...he made it to his tummy...and then to his back...and just kept going!

He finally got that arm out of the stuck position! So, now he seems so proud of himself that he just keeps rolling and rolling every chance he gets. I silently hear a "TaaDaa" in my head each time as if it is him saying it to me. It is so hard for me not to laugh or get sucked in (especially when he does his nightly drop of the pacifier at 2 am). Until yesterday all I have ever had to do is sneak in, pop in that nulie of his and right back to sleep he would go. A 30 second interruption of my sleep for months now. BUT NOW...he throws in some circus stunts and belly dancing and I cannot help but smirk. It is like my OWN personal show all for mommy! He shoots me that huge grin and I whisper to him,

"Put those smiles away and go night night, Sushi!"

He just laughs! I no longer have to poke and tickle his chest and neck for that ever so magnified laugh of his...he just chuckles his lil' chuckle with his Las Vegas bright eyes. I love it!
And because of these new stunts I have been nervous to swaddle him at night bc I find him all tangled or the blanket so loose it makes me a wreck. So, now he tries out his new moves whenever he is rustled at night. Has made for a difficult week while we try and break him of this habit. Luckily he has taken to sleeping on his side and even a bit of his stomach which I am not so nervous about (comes with having the second kid I guess, as I find most mothers agree...we are so much more laid back the second time around).
It still blows me away though. He is so strong and it makes me so proud to see him progress with Triston right by his side. Big brother seems so interested in what Grayson is doing and asks what comes next. I keep waiting for the next milestone with oodles of excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment