Wednesday, February 8, 2012

100 days

For years I watched as each passing Kindergarten class celebrated their 100th day of school. I envisioned ( and peeked at some ideas) for my Triston one day. Funny how when the time came on Tuesday, Feb 7th I had no creative ideas rushing to my frontal lobe! All I could think of was stupid Qtips. Before I even suggested it, it was Triston's idea too. I think it  had to do w the fact he could finally touch an item he otherwise is told not to. Only daddy and I use Qtips (for our ears which I know is a big NO NO. That is why the kids aren't allowed to touch em in case they try and copy us and puncture an ear canal or something!).
So this past weekend he counted out 100 of them in 10s, 5s and 2s. We bunched them together in 10 and got to work on his 100 day tshirt.

At first he began brewing an idea similar to his cousin Ayden's that he observed during the creation stage on Sunday. I warned him his was not to look like anyone else's but his own imagination. I walked away and left him to the creative process leaving behind markers and glue-glitter pens. Before I knew it he came up with this beauty:


Sunday, Feb 5th
 The storyline goes like this:
"There's a boy that has to follow the treasure map ( gold glitter blob)  in his hand to reach the 100th day of school. He decided to bring along his friend, she's a girl. The path is tricky. There are stepping stones (silver blobs of glitter glue) and twists and turns and even traps. But once they reach the end (bottom right corner where the numeral 100 is written) they will open up the boxes and find Transformers that will help them on their journey. They will enter a portal and the 100. But not just any portal. A time portal. A portal to the prehistoric period. They have to battle dinosaurs. The T-rex is already eating a dinosaur, see (top right corner). And the kids have a phone so that when their mom calls 'Time for dinner' the portal will open up and they will get back in the wink of an eye. To be continued."
Tuesday, Feb 7th
He kept telling me he could not wait to show his teacher his "home-made shirt"
I was so proud of him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment