Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Heart Day 2011

Almost all of Vday this year was a typical Chemo Monday. The only reason it was a bit more special was bc I made a point of carrying out all those love notes for the February weeks leading up to the big day. A new tradition for the Carpers! I enjoyed doing it. It forced me to take the time (even when I wasn't feeling up to par) to find one thing each evening to share with my boys. One reason each to day show them I love them.
I loved their reactions each and every morning when they got to peek into their Valentine boxes. T would read G's for him the first few times. But at some point early in the game G remembered one of the early notes and would "read" those words on each note thereafter. It was precious. He would pull out that note each morning (or afterschool depending on our hectic am) and come and find me. Then he would say, "Ready, mommy?", look down at his note and repeat, "I wuv so much. Wuv mommy"
Another evening T discovered me writing on the same post-its used in the boxes. I was at the kitchen counter writing out some notes for G's menu the next day. He glanced at me, turned around and started to head out of the kitchen. Then there was this abrupt pause in his body, he froze and sped around, "Waaiiittt a minute! You are the one writing the notes?! I thought it was the cupid!" It was hilarious!
Love Notes:
To T-
I love your smile!
I am so happy you are a reader!
I love your crazy hair! But I think you need a haircut! ( he was scheduled for one that night!)
I love your funny jokes!
I love the way you talk about traveling!
I love your cool dance moves!
I think you are handsome!
I am so proud of how you get ready for school all by yourself everyday!
I am proud of you when you try new things (the morning after Awanas upset)
You make me feel like the best mommy in the whole world!
You are my amazingly intelligent boy!
I love you everyday!
To G:
I love your crazy hair!
I love your silly laugh!
I love your port!
I love your crazy giggles!
I love your trains!
I love your dance moves!
I think you are sweet! (following the night he called me princess)
I am so proud of you and your tubies! (following the night I took it out the needle)
You make me smile!
You are my favorite clown!
You are my wonderful boy!
I love you everyday!
Even cuter-Triston saved all his and G's notes in a little compartment inside one of his trains displayed on a shelf in their room. He told me he wants to keep them forever.

I tried my best to put healthy treats in the boxes but it was way tooooo easy to drop an M&M, gumdrop, chocolate kiss, cookie and other goodies. It was Halloween all over again. Watching their faces each time was so worth it!

The big day revealed a big present. I had grand ideas but the latest events in our lives and drained energy left me at a loss at Target Sunday morning. I bought them Crayola Color Fillz that use Model Magic to create a scene. Even though they are not allowed to watch Spongebob they know who he is and that was the only item I could find two of the same of. I caved. T loved them and G was much more into the candy filled heart tin-some of their favs like chewey fruit snacks and gummy bears. All the things our dentist tells us to stay away from! I couldn't help it! I was weak.

When T arrived home from school Monday we got busy decorating daddy's pic frame. The boys painted it together while Caden watched. They chose turquoise and purple. Then T asked me to make a heart shape from a pipe cleaner he found in the art bucket. We added that too. I have the perfect pic of the 3 of them I will add to it once we get ink for the printer. T was so excited to share his Spongebob creation and picture frame masterpiece when daddy got home. Charito did not get home til after 8. He stopped by his mom's to visit her before coming home. That left little time for us to have any Vday together BUT we more than make up for the other 364. I insisted he buy me nothing and requested one thing-an it's gonna be okay hug. I got my wish and then we made time to eat dessert together-I made him a brownie layer sundae (thanks to Nicole's recipe). We caught up on How I Met Your Mother and stuffed our bellies. Shortly after I could not keep my eyes open and needed to crash. The day flew by but in the end I knew who I loved, why and how much-just like always! Just another Monday in my new book of life.

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet little notes, Sara. Despite ALL bad things that you have going on, one good thing that you have a lot of in your life is LOVE.

    ReplyDelete