
I have done more on-line shopping recently (helps pass the time during hospital stays) and kinda went boot crazy one day. Besides, I had never spent any of my bday money from way bac in September. When these arrived I wasn't so sure about keeping them. I like red but as Charito said, "How often are going to wear red boots?" He was right. So I packed them up to return them the next day. But when I woke I thought of those red boots and that bit of crazy, rebellish, happy pop of color I fell in love with when I ordered them. I would FIND things to wear them with if I had to. I loved the way I smiled inside and out whenever I looked down at my feet. I KEPT them! And I got so many compliments when I wore them out on Monday-from perfect strangers. Score! So, if you see a shorty red-head in red boots walking down the street-you bet it's me (along with a plaid rainboot pair, tan suede motorcycle pair, and black leather pair-told u I went boot crazy! And well, look at that-they all fit. Guess I will keep all 4!)
What else makes me happy, you say? The affection Triston has for Caden. I hate to say it but I think he is so much more paternal with Caden as he was with Grayson bc of our circumstances. Not only does he show his compassionate side with him but he has adopted this need to care for him. Almost a priority for him in my and Grayson's absence. His own therapy, perhaps? He assists with all his little needs and whether I am home or away he finds the need to assure me he has helped Caden with this or that. Or he checks in on him while napping to tattle whether he made it to his belly or not (still makes me worry even tho I gave up that hopeless rolly polly sleep pattern at 3/4 mos for G, too). It is as if T is telling me-Don't worry, mom. I can take some of the load off for you. I want to. I adore observing it. And Caden adores him. T must be a pretty popular guy bc G has had those same feelings for T for years now. I am lucky in that respect. 3 loving boys.


I woke to this Tuesday morning! He cracks me up. Instead of whining that he was stuck he was laughing!
How easy this kid is...look at that simple relaxation in him. No need for some multi-step routine to get him to sleep or calm his down. He actually prefers to fly solo and figure it out on his own. He is more up for cuddling n giggles while donning a playful mood. I truly could not have been given a better baby in all this chaos...my baby angel of peace. He offers me that calm, quiet, serenity, and breather when I need it. Whether it's his smile, giggle or sweet baby face he does it to me everytime. I think God wanted it that way-for me.
How the boys revel in the setup of our Polar Express Train (only brought out at Christmas time)! The excitement increases by the year. The excitement over all talk Christmas is astounding. It must be the age-5! Triston is to the moon over it all. And G just follows suit. It makes me really excited for the holiday. We all need that.
Our 2010 TreeIt wasn't even planned. I was just going to go thru the motions and get the tree up and decorated the same as last year. But then...I couldn't find our tree topper. This gorgeous finneal type that reminds me of my dad ( a steal I found a couple of years ago when I went w the blue theme for baby blue boys in our life). And I had opted against the blue ribbon I used in past years bc I just wasnt feeling it. And as I would approach the tree from the dining room, each and every time, I thought "WOW, we have alot of red ornaments". Something I never realized. So, I headed out with T to buy a new one. I wasn't putting much thought into it and was willing to let T pick out-anything (that's how much I didnt care!). Well, he choose this gawdy looking star thingy for over $20. I agreed (to let him feel like he was contributing). But as we left the aisle my eye caught this confetti popper looking thing. Then I saw this sparkly ribbon. I placed the two together and showed T. "That's fun!" were the words popping out of his mouth. I smiled. Somehow this little doo-hicky of a created topper made us both smile. It reminded me of the circus and well, that is what the Carper lifestyle is these days! It was perfect. So, everytime I look at our topper I smile. And oddly enough, that observation of how much red ornaments we had turned our theme into red, white and green. A first for us!

Now you all know my feelings on Thomas and how Leukemia changed all that...well, needless to say we have been all about TRAINS since July 31st and I AM OK WITH IT! I love it actually. So, imagine my surprise when I found these babies:


I was originally on a hunt for a train shirt of some kind for T for his bday party ( I like to dress them in the theme and G has a onesie from last year that STILL fits him; all I found in the casual department was the sweater above. He loved it when I showed it to him.). I found one dress set then another and then scrambled to find one for Caden. It took Najette and I awhile but her super spy eyes found it! Whether we can get any pics for THE ultimate Xmas pic-who knows? But regardless, they have xmas outfits that SHRIEK-WE LOVE TRAINS! Too cute to recall that even tho Caden doesnt know any better to like trains or not-it is a train sign T n G picked out for his bedroom door before he was born. So before he even saw a train they were destined to be part of his life. He should know a train whistle sound by now, we hear it all day long in this house!
I will say it loud and clear-"Trains make me HAPPY!" Who else could I think about other than 3 amazingly brave FISH?!
And what a better way to end this happy post with some laughter-ALOUD!




Sara, that was an awesome post! It made ME happy!
ReplyDeleteKeep the vibe flowin', girl!
p.s. Way to go on the FOUR pairs of boots!