Well, thanks to my friend Alysa, the mother of T's 'best friend' Jackson ( they graciously take T home from school each day and from what I understand the several minute car ride is quite the festive trot), the shopping took place. She took the boys around the gym lurking for their treasures. He didn't even notice me glancing at him once in awhile. He seemed so into the hunt of it all. It was sweet.
And let me tell ya, it was the highlight of his day...getting to shop with Alysa. He absolutely adores her! You ask him who his friend are and he includes her on his list. She has such a great way with him. I almost didn't send him to school that day bc he had had a slight fever the nite before but he insisted he was fine and NEEDED to go shopping w/Alysa. For awhile he was convinced they were heading to a mall afterschool. That took some explaining. But in the end, he had a mission.
I had no idea what I would be coming home to later that day. What would he choose for me? Did he get something for daddy? Well, I received the most beautiful gift.

Yes, it's chunky, eclectic, with a POW look at me kinda style but it's all mine! In my eyes it's one of a kind. I had to hold back a chuckle when he handed it to me. I imagined him choosing this THERE IT IS, I FOUND IT, PERFECT sort of gift all for me. I got teary-eyed. It still is a wild awakening...those moments I am reminded that this little being puts me on his own pedestal, queen of his life and would think of things no other way. To him I am this amazing person he looks up to, depends on, and thinks so highly of. Charito and I ARE his entire world. It is truly perfection, God's perfection.
I continue to discover all the little WOW moments my mom shared with me about motherhood. This $1.00 bracelet is one of those moments. And as I told her this story she laughed and mentioned there are many more of those "tacky' kinda gifts coming my way. But, you know...I don't mind one bit. I know any gift is chosen with detailed thought and his heart. Because that is the sort of man we are rearing. I am ever so proud of my little santa. I intend to wear it with pride (upon his request this evening) as we head out to another holiday festivity of gingerbread nativity scenes with great friends.
Thank you, Alysa for helping my man out and being there when I couldn't be. We appreciate you and your kind heart as well.
Oh, and in case you were wondering if daddy received anything...he did. A mini flashlight w/ DAD labeled on it. Not sure yet how T went about choosing that item and the amount of guidance that was put into it but I will find out. It was too coincidental of a gift. Charito and T have their own little thing about flashlights for over a year now. They put on their headgear flashlights (yup, regular old flashlights weren't enuf for my techy husband and the father-son excursions) and go cave dwelling under the bedroom blankets. Giggles heard throughout the house as they venture into imaginative lagoons, forests, castles and who knows what else. It is their thing. I leave them to it. Ready to relieve the exhausted giggle boy with some liquids or treats afterward. That's what mommies do.
And even Bryley got some treaties out of the deal. Not bad for only $5!




No comments:
Post a Comment