Friday, April 16, 2010

HItting the Road!




What child could not...would not....get excited about this?! A personal invitation (so T thinks) from Mickey Mouse himself. And there was G hoppin' along the party wagon just by reacting to his bro's reactions! It was a great night w/ a great video to match to tell the boys about our big family vaca! Everyday afterward T read the letter over and over again. It was too sweet. He even kept reminding G where we were headed! And even tonight, weeks later, we saw a commercial for Disney and T excitedly screeched " We just went there! Remember everybody?" Some pics from the commercial must have been familiar to G as well bc he came running to me "mommy, mommy...dis dis (this, this) tee bee tee bee (tv)" and clapped and nodded his yes repeatedly. I got teary-eyed! They remember and will for years to come with the hundreds of photos we have. More to come on that whole adventure but I just had to post the beginning stage of our expedition and the part I was most excited to present to the kiddos! Their little mini dream come true....and mine too bc it continues to be my happy place, too!

1 comment:

  1. what a cute idea! We're going back down to Florida right after school's out (for frustrating reasons, Grammy isn't doing well, but we're determined to make it a fun trip for the kids regardless) and are hitting Disney. I think I'm going to steal this idea (if you don't mind) and write Libby and Joey and Teej letters from Tinkerbell and Lightning McQueen!

    You're awesome mama!
    ~ Laura

    ReplyDelete