Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cheers me up

Way back in the last week of August, we got in the habit of walks right afterschool. I walk G in the stroller and T rides his bike. We explore the neighborhood, practice bike safety rules ( I am officially convinced T is the only kid in the hood who even follows safety rules. It is insane how kids these days just fly thru the streets and NOT wear helmets!) I wanted to start this little habit for us. For us to spend time together. For me to unwind after work. For exercise, fresh air and relaxation. Not to mention the way it makes the afternoon fly by. We get home from our walks, T helps me cook dinner, we eat early and then before I know it it's time for baths and bed. It is the best way to keep T up so he goes to bed early. I try to avoid the whole nap thing as much as I can. If he has already passed out by the time I get home, oh well. He obviously needed it when he does. BUT, if I can help it-I tak advantage of the 5:30 bedtimes and get some shuteye myself.

Well, one particular day in August as I was thinking about how we would be singing our annual Fall song soon, we rounded the corner and found this......
I couldn't believe how early in the season it was for this! I grabbed my iphone and snapped a pic. How ironic I was just rehearsing the lyrics to our fall song (a silly one I made up when T was a baby). Look at the yellows, oranges and reds!! Luv it!! I looked around and there was no other like it anywhere in sight. The needle in the haysack. My first sign of Fall. My fav season. It was so nice to see. I told T to look up and his eyes lit up. Wow is all he said. When I began the fall song he chimed right in. Now to teach it to G. This is the kinda stuff that cheers me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment